Drawing with Ink and Watercolours with Kalliopi Lyviaki
This topic will cover the fundamentals of ink and watercolours and shows you how to progress and combine the two. Drawing with ink can be particularly challenging as it is difficult to correct mistakes. Therefore, Kalliopi shows you some great ink work techniques using our pigment liners for a stress-free drawing. She will share with you her trademark style of combining pigment liners with metallic markers to accentuate and beautify your work. And finally, Kalliopi also shows you how to effectively use watercolours to create simple yet eye-catchingly impressive artworks.
Creative genius Kalliopi Lyviaki
HI I’m Kalliopi, an artist and YouTuber from Greece! I’ve been a creative person since high school. I loved creating realistic pencil drawings, especially portraits. It gave me the basic knowledge I needed to explore and experiment with other materials. Nowadays, I mainly use watercolours and inks, as well as creating digital illustrations. Two years ago, I started my YouTube channel where I give watercolour tutorials and share anything else that makes my creative heart beat just that little bit faster. My art is often inspired by fashion, tattoos, illustrations and also more traditional mediums, such as watercolours. I find that studying classic tattoos is the perfect way to learn how to draw because of their simple designs and clean lines.
Focal Points of the Course:
- Drawing techniques with black inks: dot shading, line shading and negative space drawing
- Metallic highlights as eye-catchers in your drawings
- Old school tattoo drawing style and children’s book illustration style
- Usage and mixing of earthy, natural colours with watercolour paints
- Different effects with watercolour mediums: a misty effect with watercolour paints, colour gradients with watercolour brush pens and textures with watercolour pencils
over 90 minutes of video tutorials
You want to get started right away? Check out our products section to start your Design Journey.