FIMO effect is a fantastic creative addition to FIMO soft and FIMO professional. This clay allows you to create some very special effects: depending on the colour you choose, your creations will look like real stone, have a mystical lustre to them or glow in the dark. Create some stunning effects that really have the WOW factor!
FIMO effect – For a stunning look
FIMO effect modelling clay from STAEDTLER is available in 36 colours and eight effects (glow, glitter, transparent, stone, metallic, pastel, gemstone, pearl). Special feature: the various colours all create some great effects. FIMO effect is ideal for use in combination with FIMO professional and FIMO soft.
Colours/effects of FIMO effect:
- Translucent colours for a semi-transparent look
- Mica particles in our metallic colours create wonderful metallic effects
- Gemstone colours create a transparent and lustrous pearl look
- Fluorescent colours glow in the dark
- Glitter colours add a touch of glamour
- Items modelled from our stone colours almost look like real stone
- Pastel colours are perfect for spring projects
- Items modelled from our pearl colours shine almost like real pearl
Creative modelling with FIMO soft or FIMO professional
FIMO soft is a soft modelling clay that is easy to shape. It is therefore ideal for all adults who are giving modelling a try for the first time. When used in combination with FIMO effect, even beginners will achieve some truly breathtaking results.
FIMO professional is harder than FIMO soft, so it takes a little more work to shape it. It is therefore more suitable for experienced artists and for intricate modelling projects. So there are no limits to the possibilities or your imagination!
- Surprise your kids with an enchanting starry sky or fun ghosts that glow in the dark – all made possible with glow-in-the-dark colours from FIMO effect.
- Use stone colours for realistic looking marble effects and to create decorative items, such as bowls, vases or coasters, for your home.
- Use the pearl effect to design exquisite pieces of jewellery, such as earrings, necklaces, bracelets or rings.
How do you harden FIMO effect in the oven?
Once you have finished modelling your items from FIMO, you need to harden them to make them stable. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Pre-heat the oven to 110°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment or aluminium foil and carefully place the modelled items on the tray.
- Harden them in the oven for 30 minutes. For best results, use an oven thermometer to check the temperature during hardening.
- Allow the modelled items to cool down completely before continuing to work on them using the relevant FIMO Accessories for surface treatment.
Tip: In case individual parts of the hardened item break off, you can easily reattach them using a two-component adhesive.