STAEDTLER FIMO soft is a modeling clay that is ideal for adult beginners and amateur artists. It’s soft and pliable, making it really easy to shape. Modeling clay sets containing different colors allow you to let your creativity run free straight out of the box, as the clay doesn’t need to be softened first. DIY packs contain all the tools you need to create charming pieces of jewelry, accessories or decorative items for the home. Browse the FIMO range and transform your ideas into unique pieces of art.
Bring creative ideas to life with FIMO soft
STAEDTLER FIMO soft is an oven-hardening modeling clay specifically designed for adult beginners and amateur artists. The clay is soft and pliable, making it really easy to shape. You can use it transform your creative ideas into unique pieces of jewelry or decorative accessories for the home.
- If you only need specific colors, the 24 colors in the FIMO soft series and six trend colors are all available individually as 2 oz blocks.
- Large 1 lb blocks are available individually in 11 assorted colors.
- Assorted packs are available with 12 or 24 blocks in 0,8 oz format or also with six blocks in 2 oz format.
- These sets allow you to express yourself creatively to your heart’s content.
- The assorted packs are also a great way to stock up on FIMO supplies.
- The blocks are already divided into eight segments, so you can easily cut off small portions to work with. This also enables you to easily blend together different FIMO colors to get the shade you want.
- FIMO soft is also compatible with:
- FIMO effect
- FIMO professional
- Accessories for creating original details are available in the form of numerous FIMO accessories such as:
- Leaf metal and special adhesive
- Gloss or semi-gloss varnish
- Each pack comes with instructions that include important safety information.
Ideal set for beginners: Everything you need to start modeling
The FIMO soft basic set contains FIMO blocks in nine different colors. It also includes tools and accessories such as:
- Modeling stick for shaping and adding texture to finished pieces
- Work sheet for a clean working surface
- Gloss varnish to add a special finish to your modeled items once hardened
Do it yourself – Just the way you want
The DIY trend that originated in the UK is now hugely popular around the world. Whether in the workshop, at home or in the creative industry – people are finding the joy in doing it themselves. Many amateur artists really appreciate how DIY projects allow them to express their individuality and let off steam creatively. There’s a sense of achievement when you look at what you’ve accomplished and it inspires you to make a start on your next project. In response to this popular trend, STAEDTLER offers complete kits packed full of ideas. Use them to make a variety of stylish and unique handmade items:
- Creative necklaces, earrings and rings
- Beautiful accessories
- Unique decorative items for your home
Everything you need is provided in the kit along with the modeling clay. This includes, for example, bracelets, rings or a blank ballpoint pen ready for decoration. The colors of modeling clay included in the kit all work together beautifully. The packaging also provides a visual guide as well as added inspiration.
Tip: Use our DIY kits to make personal gifts for the special people close to your heart.
How do you harden items made from FIMO?
Once you have finished shaping FIMO soft, you need to harden the clay. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Preheat the oven to 230°F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment or aluminum foil.
- Leave the modeled item to harden in the oven for 30 minutes.
- For best results, use an oven thermometer to check the temperature during hardening.
Important: FIMO models are only completely hardened once they have cooled down. Once cool, you can also continue working on the modeled pieces (painting, varnishing, polishing, etc.).